How the Wodonga TAFE Skills and Jobs Centre can help you!
WHAT IS THE SKILLS AND JOBS CENTRE?
The Skills and Jobs Centre will be the first port-of-call for people looking to start training, workers needing to reskill
or unemployed workers needing job-seeking support or retraining. They are also available for employers and industry
representatives who wish to gain information about government incentives to assist in growing their workforce, as well as
broad workforce development and employment market information.
WHO CAN USE A SKILLS AND JOB CENTRE?
• Anyone seeking a career change or employment advice
• Koorie people
• Unemployed / retrenched workers
• Employers / Industry
• Culturally and linguistically diverse people
• Apprentices and trainees
• School leavers / school students looking for
their first job
• Prospective students
• People with a disability
• Mature age workers
WHAT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED AT WODONGA TAFE AND THE OUTREACH SKILLS AND JOBS CENTRES?
We will offer expert, impartial and consistent advice on a range of services including:
• Career and pathway advice
• Help with job searching and resumes
• One to one career counselling appointments
• Assistance in using your existing skills to align to a new
job or to undertake new training
• Information on employment trends, areas with a
shortage in skills and employment opportunities
• Advice regarding the Free TAFE Priority courses
initiative and other funded training initiatives
• Referrals to welfare support and financial services
• Apprenticeship and trainee advice