Quercus Beechworth is delighted to present the “What’s on in Beechworth” calendar to our local community. The calendar, located on the Quercus Beechworth website, is the ‘go to’ place where any community group or individual can post an event, class, or activity, free of charge for the whole community to see. It will offer an opportunity for the community to know what is going on in Beechworth and when.
The What’s on in Beechworth calendar will complement the very popular Beechworth Community Facebook page, the Indigo Shire website, the Beechworth Chamber of Commerce and the What’s On column in the Ovens and Murray Advertiser.
Quercus recognises that a community that is a well informed and well connected community is a more resilient community (Hugh Mackay 2016- Kerferd Oration).
- It is intended and expected that a broad range of activities and events will be posted on the “What’s on in Beechworth calendar”; some of which may not reflect the values of Quercus. If this was to occur then the person posting would be contacted and an explanation offered as to why the post was not accepted.
- People searching the calendar may not share the same views on events that are posted however it is expected that these posts would be accepted respectfully
- Quercus actively encourages social inclusion and equal access
Criteria for Usage
- Community organisations will be able to register meetings, events, sporting events at any time directly from the Quercus website; quercusbeechworth.com.au
- All events must be local and within postcode 3747
- Individuals will be able to post events such as garage sales, street parties but not private parties
- Commencing in 2018, commercial businesses are welcome to post events such as music nights, classes and workshops. Businesses shall not be able advertise products or services offered by their businesses
- “Rules’ of usage will be posted on the calendar and monitored by the administrator